Self-assessment and recovery tools for common mental health problems from the publishers of the bestselling Overcoming book series.
There are currently three Overcoming apps designed to support the Overcoming book series. These enable people with a range of common problems and disorders to take control of their own recovery programme using cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). The apps help you with Overcoming Low Self-Esteem, Overcoming Depression and Overcoming Anxiety. Each app is completely free with additional in-app ebook purchases available.
- Rate your mood and test your likelihood of having common disorders by completing self-assessment scales
- Log your daily problem thoughts and behaviours and their severity with a diary and practical worksheets
- Monitor your daily activities and plan for the future
- Set goals for how you would like your life to be
- Design behavioural experiments to test and refine your beliefs and negative thoughts
- Log what works for you so that you can quickly refer to your own relapse prevention tips
- View your progress with test results over time
- Library of self-help titles allows you to explore problem areas more fully with e-books available to purchase
- Built-in e-reader for your library of self-help books
- Reminder function allows you to schedule when to use the tools and tests
- Password protected to ensure privacy